Monday, May 24, 2010

Dont you rain on my parade. :)


Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

- Groucho Marx

What exactly is happiness and how can we find it? Though it is defined as the condition of being content, the concept of happiness is still vague. Happiness is often thought of as having a lot of money, love, or power. In short getting everything you want and more. But can these things actually make people happy? Happiness, which is often assumed of as a fairly simple concept, is actually more than what people think of it. Although this natural emotion is desired by many, it is very obscure and therefore, for most, extremely difficult to find. It can be mysterious and elusive. Sought for, but often not found. Everybody desires to be happy. It is essential to our health and well-being. Happiness, though intangible, is one of the most important aspects in an individual’s existence. So why not be happy? Most people are about as happy as they make up their mind to be. So why does it have to be so complicated. Humans look at it from the wrong angle. They see it as something to search for instead of realizing it is something they are capable of. Notice that the glass is always half full. Happiness is something we all hold in the palm of our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment